Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder believes Jack Grealish is the Premier League’s best player.
Grealish will be out of Aston Villa’s clash with the Blades at Bramall Lane tomorrow night.
Wilder told his pre-match press conference that he is relieved about the fact that the England international will miss his third straight game.
“They’re a brilliant club with fabulous supporters. I went to watch them in the play-off against Derby, was late and got caught up entering with Villa fans,” said Wilder.
“They’re huge and I think only people in football realise how big they are. I’m delighted for Dean (Smith) and Jack (Grealish); for them to be in the Premier League with their home town club.
“It’s a connection like between me and Billy Sharp. They have given it a right go. I also hope Jack Grealish doesn’t play (tomorrow).
“Have another day off Jack, and return at the weekend because I think he is the best player in England.”
There will be plenty who think the best player in the country is Harry Kane, Bruno Fernandes or Kevin de Bruyne.
It’s all about opinions and Wilder’s is that Grealish is the top performer in the land right now.
There’s no doubt Grealish being out boosts Wilder’s hopes of a result tomorrow, although Villa’s win at Leeds proves they’ve got enough to get the job done without their talismanic captain.
- Alan Shearer insists Tottenham player is not ‘world-class’ any more
- BT Sport pundit doubts if Liverpool player should be tried out in new position
- Does Jennette McCurdy have OnlyFans? iCarly star leaked photos in news
- Joleon Lescott’s forehead scar: Footballer opens up about what happened
- Is CoryxKenshin dead or alive 2021? Is the YouTuber retiring at 10 mil?