Everton finally ended their Anfield hoodoo with a 2-0 win at the home of their bitter rivals Liverpool on Saturday evening.
There were outstanding performances all over the pitch and Carlo Ancelotti got his tactics spot on as well.
BBC pundit Garth Crooks put Michael Keane in his team of the week and praised his challenge on Sadio Mane.
He said Keane played his best game for Everton and perhaps the same could be said for Jordan Pickford, who was also included in the 11.
“You have to go back to 1924 to find the last time Liverpool lost four consecutive league games,” wrote Crooks. “One of the main reasons for this latest defeat was the performance of Michael Keane.
“This was without doubt the best game I’ve seen him have for Everton. His recovery after Andrew Robertson squeezed a reverse pass through his legs for Sadio Mane was out of this world.
“The Senegal international was about to pull the trigger when Keane made the best one-footed tackle you’ll ever see and at a crucial time of the match.
“This was an outstanding performance by Keane and a historic one for Everton.”
Keane is perhaps enjoying his best season in an Everton shirt and Crooks clearly felt this was a performance to top the lot.
Even against a sub-par Liverpool side, Everton still had to defend well and Keane helped them do that.
Ancelotti’s three-man backline worked a treat on a historic night for the club.
Ending the hoodoo could be another staging post in a potentially hugely successful season for the Toffees.
- Who is Ryan Switzer’s wife Gabie? From college couple days to NFL
- xQc drama explained: Why did he get banned from NoPixel again?
- ‘The only positive’, ‘MOTM’: Some Newcastle fans applaud ‘solid’ 29-year-old performance against West Brom
- What happened to Jalek Swoll’s dad? Motocross star’s family explored
- Why is Andy Ngo? Mumford & Sons connection and Unmasked book explored