Atalanta pulled off a historic 2-0 win against Liverpool in the Champions League last night.
Goals from Josep Ilicic and Robin Gosens sealed the victory at Anfield on a night where the Reds failed to have a single shot on target.
Gosens gave an interview to Atalanta’s official YouTube channel after the match.
The interviewer shares that Gosens had said on Tuesday the Italians would win at Anfield, and pressed him on why he had such a good feeling.
“I already had that feeling,” said Gosens when reminded he said Atalanta would beat Liverpool the day before the game.
“I don’t know if there is something here at Liverpool but I already had this feeling yesterday, maybe for how we came here with the desire to win.
“I had this feeling that we could do something unforgettable. We won 2-0 against probably the strongest team right now.”
Liverpool haven’t lost a home Premier League match for 64 games but were beaten at Anfield by Atletico Madrid in last season’s Champions League.
Atalanta were beaten 5-0 in the first meeting between the sides in the group.
But Gosens clearly saw something in that game and the way his side prepared for this match which made him confident they could avenge that thrashing.
For Liverpool, there’s no need for panic. They remain top of the group and second in the Premier League and Jurgen Klopp was able to rest a few key players on the night, amid an injury crisis.
- Megan Roup age: how old is the Sculpt Society fitness trainer?
- Arsenal transfer update: Three possible arrivals, one who got away
- Some Arsenal fans react to Ornstein’s update on Tierney’s injury
- Plies’ real teeth: rapper ditches gold grills, to his mom’s delight
- Leeds United transfer update: Serie A side name asking price, club consider selling Spanish international