Mikel Arteta has discussed the future of Alexandre Lacazette at his press conference ahead of the clash with Burnley.
The game isn’t until Saturday afternoon but Arteta has held his press briefing already.
Arteta was asked about the Frenchman and whether he will commit his future to the club like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang did last summer.
The Spaniard said he’s planning talks over a new contract for Lacazette soon.
“He’s got a contract with us,” said Arteta when asked if Lacazette would leave Arsenal in the summer.
“He played really well the other week. It’s exactly what we demand him to do. I’m really happy with him and the discussions about his contract will happen soon and we will see what happens.
“I’m hoping that a player under contract will continue with us. Every case is different and we’re going to assess that and we’ll make a decision in relation to that.”
Arsenal have a big decision to take over Lacazette.
The summer might be the right time to cash in on him and buy a younger replacement, or let the likes of Eddie Nketiah, Folarin Balogun and Gabriel Martinelli take centre stage.
That said, he has been playing well lately and Arteta may want to keep his experience around to guide his young frontmen.
- Report: Moyes thinks Arsenal man is perfect for his style of play at West Ham
- Who is Sara Sidner’s husband? Is the CNN reporter married?
- ‘It will not clean the season’: Tottenham star speaks honestly about club’s situation
- ‘Outstanding’: James Milner applauds ‘absolutely fantastic’ Liverpool man against Real Madrid
- Dan Bongino ethnicity: Viewers curious about his background after FOX debate