Carlo Ancelotti offered an injury update on a number of Everton players ahead of tomorrow’s clash with West Brom.
At his pre-match press conference, Ancelotti said that Allan may need to be taken out of the side at the Hawthorns.
He played the full 90 minutes on his return from injury against Southampton on Monday night – but Ancelotti wants to be careful with the midfielder.
The Italian didn’t rule Allan out definitely, but he discussed the prospect that his recovery would need to be managed.
On Allan, Ancelotti said: “After a few months out, he was maybe not 100 per cent fit [against Southampton]. The staff worked hard on him. He was in good condition. He was motivated and wanted to play.
“Of course, he is a player we have to check today [Wednesday] to see if he can play against West Brom. We have to take care a little bit after two months out.
“But his performance against Southampton was really, really good – as usual. His performances are very consistent. He is not up and down. His consistency is always at the top.
“We are going to check (Allan, Tom Davies, Seamus Coleman, James Rodriguez and Robin Olsen) in training to see if they will be available or not.”
Allan makes a real difference to this Everton side and Ancelotti won’t want to risk another setback.
With all due respect, he shouldn’t be needed to get past West Brom, not least because he’s primarily a destructive midfielder and tomorrow’s game will likely see Everton dominate.
- 8 aerials won: 29-year-old Newcastle United man put on a solid display vs Burnley
- Who is Marc Lore’s wife Carolyn? Ex-Walmart exec’s family life explored
- Did Jay-Z and Beyonce buy DMX’s masters? Rumour’s legitimacy explored
- “Peasley” meaning: Bryce Hall’s TikTok flooded with slang term
- Did Rick Fox leave Morning Show Mysteries? Hallmark’s new detective explained