These Leeds United fans were blown away by Illan Meslier’s performance against Wolverhampton Wanderers, despite scoring an own goal.
Marcelo Bielsa’s side walked away from Wolverhampton with nothing to show for their efforts.
The Whites lost 1-0 due to a Meslier own goal, however, the 20-year-old really couldn’t have done much about it, with the ball bouncing off the crossbar and onto his back.
Despite this, the Frenchman actually had a really good game – making five saves all match, just two less than Rui Patricio.
The 20-year-old’s distribution was also on point, maintaining a 71% pass accuracy for the entire 90-minutes.
Here’s what the Leeds supporters had to say about Illan Meslier on Twitter:
Leeds to bounce back
Bielsa’s team meet Southampton on Tuesday (6.00 PM), which looks to be a good match for the Whites to bounce back into form.
The Saints have lost all of their last six outings and are currently three points behind Leeds in the Premier League table.
With that being said, the Yorkshire side haven’t had the best success against Southampton in recent years.
The Whites have won just twice in the last six meetings, with the Saints taking the other four.
Nevertheless, both sides will have to come ready for a fight on Tuesday, with the two teams eager to pick-up some points.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq paints grim picture for Pakistan cricket after PSL controversy
- Much-improved Barbados star set to be key West Indies asset at T20 World Cup
- Some West Ham fans react to Watford signing former Hammers man Sanchez
- ‘Don’t be such a chicken squat’ meaning: Dolly Parton quote explained
- ‘Very good’: Bielsa hails left-footed star and two other ‘important’ players for West Ham