We all know that Jesus rose on Easter Sunday, but the holy period has people wondering, what happened to Jesus on Easter Monday? What what happened to Jesus after resurrection?
What happened to Jesus on Easter Sunday
To answer the question of what happened to Jesus after resurrection, we must first explain why Easter Sunday is a holiday.
And that begins by explaining Good Friday! This is a Christian holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus and his death. This is the day, roughly two thousand years ago, when Jesus’ body was placed in a tomb.
Easter Sunday is another pivotal day in the Holy Week, the most sacred week in the Christian calendar.
This is when Jesus was resurrected. According to Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, John 20-21, Acts 1, Mary Magdalene and a few other women went to Jesus’ tomb after a hasty burial, only to find that his body wasn’t there.
The gospels state that three angels appeared to the women, telling them: “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; He has risen! Remember how He told you that He would be turned over to sinful men, be crucified, and rise again on the third day!”
What happened to Jesus on Easter Monday
So, what happened on Easter Monday? What happened to Jesus after resurrection?
The day was Jesus’ first full one on earth after resurrection. This is the reason it holds religious significance, although the Bible does not specifically instruct Christians to celebrate the Monday following Easter Sunday, nor does it detail what happened to Jesus at the beginning of his forty-day period before ascension to heaven.
Easter Monday falls on April 5 this year and alongside it’s religious significance, many people enjoy it in more playful ways.
Rolling Easter eggs is traditionally meant to symbolise the rolling of the stone from the tomb where Jesus was placed after crucifixion.
- ‘Should’ve started’: Some Spurs fans believe Jose Mourinho’s ‘bizarre’ substitution came ‘too late’ vs Newcastle
- 18 touches: Aston Villa star put in a man of the match performance despite barely touching the ball against Fulham
- 5 tackles, 4 dribbles: Newcastle United man with 9 starts played well against Tottenham Hotspur
- What happened to Mahalia Jackson’s pianist Mildred?
- ‘Nobody works harder’: Liam Cooper praises ‘different class’ Leeds star after Sheffield United win