In the early hours of 18 February, Alabama rapper Honeykomb Brazy’s grandparents were shot and their house set on fire in a vicious attack. The rapper was forced to watch the violence unfold over a video call.
What happened to Honeykomb Brazy’s grandparents?
On Thursday, 18 February 2021, news broke across social media that Honeykomb Brazy’s grandparents had been killed in a vicious attack.
As police are still investigating the incident, we are unable to publish any details at the moment.
According to The Arts of Entertainment, “the cause of this incident is yet to be known, however, we came across some stories which noted that Honeykomb is a well-known rapper and has been targeted on several occasions.”
Only last year in November the rapper was shot at while recording a live video on Instagram.
Just hours ago he posted an image of his Grandparents together on Instagram:
Who is Alabama rapper Honeykomb?
Honeykomb Brazy, born Nashon Jones, is a 27 year old, rapper from Alabama. He came to prominence on the scene in 2018.
His first ever video posted on YouTube is for his song, Freestyle. He currently has over 150k subscribers on there, while Instagram has over 160k followers.
Less than 24 hours ago he posted on Twitter regarding his new song, titled 1067:
He also has the support of fellow rappers such as J prince and SoSouth.
Twitter reacts to tragic killing of rapper’s grandparents
There has been an outpouring of condolences to Honeykomb Brazy and his family during this horrific time:
- ‘Sign him’: Some Arsenal fans react to Arteta’s comments on ‘perfect match’
- 4 tackles, 4 dribbles: Some Everton fans praise 24-year-old’s ‘great’ display last night
- Wolves great thinks Nuno’s got a real gem who will be huge next season
- Ian Wright raves about Liverpool player who is playing so well that it is ‘frightening’
- ‘Robbed’: Some Tottenham fans think loanee was his side’s MOTM last night